In stock in our Brisbane warehouse - ships within 1-2 business days.
Qualifies for 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Not sure if you want a kayak for fishing, mild white water, flat water, sea kayaking? The StraitEdge inflatable kayak allows you to do it all! Great for all kinds of activities and paddling conditions, the StraitEdge is often used for fishing, as a tender for boats and for paddling with dogs.
*** Paddle and Pump are sold separately ***
Frequently Bought Together
Who is the Advanced Elements StraitEdge Inflatable Kayak for?
The StraitEdge Inflatable Kayak is ideal for:
- Flat Water (eg Lakes), Bays/Estuaries, Open Ocean and Whitewater Class III
- As a tender for a boat
- Paddling with dogs
- Multi-day Expeditions
- Taking small children
- For kayak fishing
Suitable for Mild Whitewater AND Lakes AND Open Water
- The aluminium frames in the bow and stern allow you to paddle straight on flat water and cut through chop on coastal water – no waggling when you paddle
- You can close the ports down the sides if you are in flat water or cold water and want to stay dry
- You can open the ports down the sides to allow the kayak to self bail if you are in mild whitewater (up to class III) or out in the open ocean
- Optional thigh straps to help keep you in the kayak in whitewater conditions (up to class III)
Enjoy Kayak Fishing?
- The seat supports your back and the inflatable floor cushions your bum so you can relax in comfort
- Comes with 2 rod holders
- The wide flat hull means the kayak is very stable so you can focus on fishing and relaxing
- The sit-on-top style means you can swing your legs over the side to help reel in a big catch from any angle
Want to Bring Your Dog?
- The sit-on-top style gives you plenty of open space for your dogs, so they are not cramped into a cockpit
- The PVC tarpaulin covers on all the main chambers give you the confidence that your dog’s claws will not cause a puncture
- The wide flat hull means the kayak is very stable so you won’t all go over board if your dog gets excited and makes a sudden move (not that they ever do that …)
Quality Design & Manufacturing
- Multi-layer material design for protection of the tubes and floor – there is very little risk of puncture
- Durable triple layer PVC tarpaulin tube covers so you don’t have to worry about damage on rocks
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from Advanced Elements
- Lightweight for a sit-on-top kayak at only 15kg
- Comes pre-assembled – no need to set up, just inflate and go
- The Spring valves allow large amounts of air to flow one way – quick and easy inflation and deflation
- Packs up into a bag about the size of a suitcase for easy storage and transport – planes, trains and automobiles, the world is your oyster!
So if you are looking for a comfortable, compact kayak that can go fishing, handle your dog, track straight for a leisurely paddle, and is suitable out on the ocean or down a river (up to class III), the StraitEdge inflatable kayak is an excellent choice for you.
Set-up Instructions for the StraitEdge Inflatable Kayak
- New advanced inflation valves
- Rod holders
- StraitEdge System – unique bow and stern design
- Hard edge bow and stern for improved tracking
- Moulded rubber handles
- Reinforced bow seam
- Bungee deck lacing
- Adjustable back support
- Mesh pocket
- Self-bailing ports
- Welded seams
- Thigh strap compatible D-rings
- Carrying Duffel Bag
- Folding Seat
- Repair Kit
- Owner’s Manual
StraitEdge Inflatable Kayak Specifications
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Fantastic kayaks, and great service - very happy!
My husband and I are in our late 50’s, and were about to buy ourselves 2 hard shell kayaks, but I just had this niggling doubt about getting them on and off the roof racks or camper trailer, storing them if we left camp for awhile etc. I found these online, read tons of reviews, and bought them without ever having seen one in real life. Best thing ever! I wanted the option to use it fishing, so I bought the Straight Edge, and my husband got the Angler Pro because of the extremely comfy seat. They are easy to inflate, easy to pack up (they fit easily back into their bag), and it’s just so beautiful being out in nature. I recommend purchasing the pump with it, and a trolley is helpful if you are carrying other things too - we didn’t initially and then bought one anyway. I would definitely recommend these kayaks from ozinflatables.
Straight edge kayak
It took less than 5 minutes to unpack and inflate my Straight Edge Kayak. I found the kayak to be very stable getting into and out of, also the kayak was stable from the power, boat wash. Deflating and packing the kayak into the bag is really easy, quicker than my mate who had a hard shell, which he had to load onto his roof rack. I would highly recommend the kayak, the service was excellent and Emily was very helpful with all my questions.
Oz Inflatables gave great service and prompt delivery. The Straitedge inflatable suits me perfectly. Easy to pump up and easy to deflate and fits in the basket on the roof rack. A little heavy to lift up there but will work on a system to make it easier.
Less than four minutes and it was ready to go
Hi Emily, I took the Kayak out today for it's maiden voyage. It was only a quick paddle (down the road from where I live) at Colleges Crossing, but was enough to convince me I made the right choice getting this Kayak. My issue with hardshell kayaks is that I'm usually too unstable, but the straightedge just eliminates that problem completely making for a much more enjoyable experience. I also find this Kayak to be very easy to get in and out of. I was very surprised at how quick and easy it was to inflate, I think it took me less than four minutes and it was ready to go. Cheers John