The Amazing AdvancedFrame Ultralite Kayak
What makes it so good?
- Ultra lightweight at only 8kg
- Compact for travel and storage
- Paddles straight and fast
Who is the AdvancedFrame Ultralite Kayak For?
The AdvancedFrame Ultralite Kayak is ideal for paddlers who don’t like lifting heavy stuff.
It is VERY stable, making it suitable for beginners.
It is NOT suitable for:
- Multi-day kayak expeditions
- Open Ocean
- Very heavy paddlers (max capacity is 102kg)
Paddling Performance from an Ultra-Lightweight Kayak
With the AdvancedFrame Ultralite Kayak, you don’t have to compromise!
You get an ultra-lightweight kayak that is excellent on the water.
Weighs only 8kg – although it’s not the lightest kayak on the market, the AdvancedFrame Ultralite kayak is NOT a packraft and it is NOT a pool toy.
The AdvancedFrame Ultralite Kayak is a REAL kayak, with the patented AdvancedFrame design from Advanced Elements.
There is also a built-in fin on the hull.
This baby tracks straight and is a delight to paddle. And weighs about the same as a baby!
Compact for Travel and Storage
Packs away into a duffel bag the size of a small suitcase (79 x 46 x 15 cm).
Detachable shoulder straps are included so you can carry it like a backpack.
Comfortable and Supportive
There’s nothing worse than a hard seat giving you a numb bum and an aching lower back from lack of support.
Whether you are jumping in the AdvancedFrame Ultralite kayak for half an hour or the whole day, you want to be comfortable and supported.
- Your back is supported by the clip-in seat so you are comfortable all day
- The seat has a cushion under your bum so you are raised – less strain on the old ham strings
- Your bum is cushioned by the foam floor reducing the risk of numbness
- The foot brace (included) supports your back while you are paddling
Durable and Reliable
Advanced Elements always take care to design extremely durable, puncture-resistant craft.
I have been paddling the AdvancedFrame range of inflatable kayaks for over a decade now, and I have never had to do a repair.
- Multi-layer material design for protection of the inner tubes – there is very little risk of puncture
- Durable triple layer PU tarpaulin hull so you don’t have to worry about damage on rocks
- Dual main air chambers for safety – if one chamber of the inner tube is compromised, the other will still function
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from Advanced Elements
Set-up Instructions for the AdvancedFrame Ultralite Kayak
What type of conditions is the AdvancedFrame kayak suitable for?
The AdvancedFrame is designed to be a day touring type boat, for flat or open water. The bow and stern have a rigid semi-frame that gives it a hard edge. This greatly improves the tracking over traditional inflatables. The AdvancedFrame is fine for class 1 and 2 rivers, and durable enough for class 3, however it is really designed to paddle in a straight line, and therefore not recommended for rivers above class 3. When choosing a kayak for class 3 whitewater or greater, you really want a boat with a very rounded hull that will not grip on to the current, especially in eddys, like our Attack Whitewater Kayak. Unfortunately kayaks with very rounded hulls will not paddle very straight on flat water.
- Durable PU Tarpaulin hull
- Bungee deck lacing
- Moulded rubber handles
- Welded seams
- Neoprene paddle guard
- Adjustable back support
- D-ring tie down
- Skeg tracking fin
- Rip stop deck fabric
- Advanced Elements Spring valves
- Foam Floor
- Reinforced bow and stern seam
- Hard edge bow/stern
- Storage compartment
- Carrying Duffel Bag with shoulder straps
- Folding Seat
- Repair Kit
- Owner’s Manual
- Foot Brace
Length: 10’5″ (3.18m)
Weight: 8 kg
Colour: Bright lime green with reflective strips
Brand: Advanced Elements
Lakes, Bays, Inland Waterways: Yes
Coastal/Open Water: No
Width: 32” (81cm)
Maximum Capacity: 102 kg
Deflated and Packed Dimensions: 79 x 46 x 15 cm
Warranty Period: 12 months
River Class: II
Compatible with Rudder Kit: Yes
Set-up Time: 6 minutes