Want to know more about the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite Kayak?
What makes it so good?
It’s the AdvancedFrame Sport with extra support:
- High-pressure drop-stitch floor for extra rigidity with the higher weight ranges – above 85kg or so
- Good back support – lumbar seat and foot brace included as standard
- Super quick set up
- Ultra lightweight
- Wide open cockpit – easy to get in and out of, great for dogs
Who is the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite Kayak For?
The AdvancedFrame Sport is a wonderful kayak because it is both lightweight and a pleasure to paddle – this combination is hard to come by!
But when the payload goes up above about 85kg, it can struggle to maintain rigidity, which means it starts to waggle and it goes slower through the water.
This is where the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite kayak really shines!
It has all the lovely benefits of the AdvancedFrame Sport kayak, but with extra rigidity from the high-pressure drop-stitch floor, and extra support from the lumbar support seat and the inflatable foot brace (all included).
Comfortable and Supportive
There’s nothing worse than a hard seat giving you a numb bum and an aching lower back from lack of support.
Whether you are jumping in the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite kayak for half an hour, or paddling for the whole day, you want to be comfortable and supported. Fortunately, Advanced Elements have done a wonderful job of making the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite kayak a delight to sit in!
- Your back is supported by the inflatable lumbar support seat (included) so you are comfortable all day
- The foot brace (included) also supports your lower back and allows for rotation of the torso when paddling
This is me at 6 months pregnant, having a paddle with my 70+ year-old parents – talk about a comfortable and supportive seat!
Fast and straight on the water
- Drop-stitch floor for enhanced rigidity
- Glide straight and cuts through chop with the patented AdvancedFrame design – no waggling when you paddle.
- Built in fin to help you paddle straight.
- Low centre of gravity and a flat hull make the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite kayak very stable. Save your strength and relax!
Love a Quick Set Up?
Me too. The AdvancedFrame Sport Elite kayak goes from in the bag to on the water in 5 and a half minutes.
Lightweight for Easy Handling
Packs up into a bag about the size of a small suitcase and weighs only 13.3kg…
Easy to travel with, easy to store and (most importantly), easy to carry down to the water.
Wide Open Cockpit
The wide open cockpit allows you to take a dog or a small child with you.
Plus, it’s easier to get in and out of for those of us who are not super flexible…
“I absolutely love my AdvancedFrame Sport Kayak from Emily.
It is super quick to inflate and light enough for me to pick up and carry to the water with one hand.
It is very comfortable (like sitting on a marshmallow according to Emily!) even after three hours paddling – and I am very grateful for the back rest."
Durable and Reliable
Let’s be clear – the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite kayak is a lightweight inflatable kayak, but it is NOT a pool toy!
Advanced Elements have crafted a puncture-resistant inflatable that won’t let you down.
I have been paddling the AdvancedFrame range of inflatable kayaks for over a decade now, and I have never had to do a repair.
- Multi-layer material design for protection of the inner tubes – there is very little risk of puncture
- Durable triple layer PVC tarpaulin hull so you don’t have to worry about damage on rocks
- Drop-stitch floor is tough as nails, and can handle dogs and fishing easily
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from Advanced Elements
Special Features Included
Drop-stitch has become pretty famous lately because of inflatable stand-up paddle boards.
‘Drop-stitch’ is basically a technique of running thousands of stitches from the top to the bottom of the board, all at the same fixed length.
When the air pressure goes up and the board wants to go round, the stitches hold the flat shape.
Inflatable Foot Rest
Here is what makes the lumbar seat so comfortable and supportive:
- The inflatable lumbar cushion that can be inflated to whatever size is most comfortable for you
- The cushion is inflated via a long tube and a twist valve, which means you can easily adjust the inflation level with your mouth as you are paddling
- The seat base is contoured to support the curve of your thighs, providing even pressure across your whole backside
- The seat back is very high with stiffening rods to ensure your back is supported as much as possible
What’s the Difference?
- Advanced Elements spring valves
- Open cockpit design for ease of entry
- Durable double coated fabric
- Bungee deck lacing
- Moulded rubber handles
- Reinforced bow and stern seam
- Hard edge bow/stern
- Welded seams
- Neoprene paddle guard
- Adjustable back support
- D-ring tie down
- Skeg tracking fin
- Rip stop fabric
- High pressure drop-stitch floor
- Lumbar support seat
- Inflatable foot brace
- Carrying Duffel Bag
- Folding Seat
- Repair Kit
- Owner’s Manual
Set-up Instructions for the AdvancedFrame Sport Kayak
What type of conditions is the AdvancedFrame Sport Elite kayak suitable for?
The AdvancedFrame Sport Elite is designed to be a day touring type boat, for flat or open water. The bow and stern have a rigid semi-frame that gives it a hard edge. This greatly improves the tracking over traditional inflatables. The AdvancedFrame Sport Elite is fine for class 1 and 2 rivers, and durable enough for class 3, however it is really designed to paddle in a straight line, and therefore not recommended for rivers above class 3. When choosing a kayak for class 3 whitewater or greater, you really want a boat with a very rounded hull that will not grip on to the current, especially in eddys, like our Attack Whitewater Kayak. Unfortunately kayaks with very rounded hulls will not paddle very straight on flat water.
Weight: 29lbs (13.3kg)
Length: 10’5″ (3.18m)
Brand: Advanced Elements
Lake, Bays, Inland Waterways: Yes
Coastal / Open Water: No
Width: 32” (81cm)
Maximum Capacity: 250lbs (113kg)
Deflated and Packed Dimensions: 76cm x 43cm x 20cm
Warranty Period: 12 Months
River (Class): II
Compatible with Rudder Kit: Yes
Set-up Time: 5.5 minutes