Here is why the AdvancedFrame Kayak is our best selling solo inflatable kayak:
Basically, it ticks a whole lot of boxes for a whole lot of people.
It’s great for beginners, AND for multi-day expeditions across open ocean.
What makes it so good?
- Easy to paddle straight and fast
- Quick to set up and pack away
- Compact and lightweight
Who is the AdvancedFrame kayak for?
That’s the amazing thing about this inflatable kayak, it’s good for both beginners and experienced kayakers.
Put on a spray skirt and load it up with gear (up to 136kg) for a paddling expedition.
Or take it out for a short, relaxing paddle.
Goes Straight and Fast – Even for Beginners
- Glide straight and cuts through chop with the patented AdvancedFrame design – no waggling when you paddle.
- Built in fin to help you paddle straight.
- Low centre of gravity and a flat hull make the AdvancedFrame kayak very stable. Save your strength and relax!
Comfortable for Hours
There’s nothing worse than a hard seat giving you a numb bum and an aching lower back from lack of support.
Whether you are jumping in the AdvancedFrame kayak for half an hour, or going out on a multi-day expedition, you want to be comfortable and supported. Fortunately, Advanced Elements have done a wonderful job of making the AdvancedFrame kayak a delight to sit in!
- Your back is supported by the clip-in seat so you are comfortable all day
- Your bum is cushioned by the low pressure inflatable floor reducing the risk of numbness
- Optional foot pegs or foot brace to assist paddling technique
Durable and Reliable
Let’s be clear – the AdvancedFrame kayak is NOT a pool toy!
Advanced Elements have crafted a puncture-resistant inflatable kayak that won’t let you down.
I have been paddling the AdvancedFrame range for over a decade now, and I have never had to do a repair.
- Multi-layer material design for protection of the inner tubes – there is very little risk of puncture
- Durable triple layer PVC tarpaulin hull so you don’t have to worry about damage on rocks
- Dual main air chambers for safety – if one chamber of the inner tube is compromised, the other will still function
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from Advanced Elements
Convenient – Quick and Easy to Set Up & Pack Away – Perfect for Travel
Set up and pack away seems to be the thing most people don’t consider when they are comparing inflatable kayaks.
But it is SO important!
If your inflatable kayak is a drag to inflate, you will end up just leaving it in the bag. What a waste…
The AdvancedFrame kayak comes pre-assembled from the Advanced Elements factory. This means there is no complicated set up, you just unfold, inflate, clip the seat in and go. Takes about 5 minutes from bag to water.
How to set up the AdvancedFrame Kayak
Packs up into a bag about the size of a suitcase for easy storage and transport – planes, trains and automobiles, the world is your oyster!
What type of conditions is the AdvancedFrame kayak suitable for?
The AdvancedFrame is designed to be a day touring type boat, for flat or open water. The bow and stern have a rigid semi-frame that gives it a hard edge. This greatly improves the tracking over traditional inflatables. The AdvancedFrame is fine for class 1 and 2 rivers, and durable enough for class 3, however it is really designed to paddle in a straight line, and therefore not recommended for rivers above class 3. When choosing a kayak for class 3 whitewater or greater, you really want a boat with a very rounded hull that will not grip on to the current, especially in eddys, like our Attack Whitewater Kayak. Unfortunately kayaks with very rounded hulls will not paddle very straight on flat water.
- Advanced Elements spring valves
- Inflatable coaming for attaching a spray skirt
- Durable double coated fabric
- Bungee deck lacing
- Moulded rubber handles
- Reinforced bow and stern seam
- Hard edge bow/stern
- Large storage compartment
- Welded seams
- Neoprene paddle guard
- Adjustable back support
- D-ring tie down
- Skeg tracking fin
- Rip stop fabric
- Carrying Duffel Bag
- Folding Seat
- Repair Kit
- Owner’s Manual
Length: 10’5″ (3.18m)
Weight: 36 lbs (16.3 kg)
Brand: Advanced Elements
Lakes, Bays, Inland Waterways: Yes
Coastal/Open Water: Yes
Width: 32” (81cm)
Maximum Capacity: 300 lbs (136 kg)
Deflated and Packed Dimensions: 32″ x 17″ x 10″ (76cm x 43cm x 25cm)
Warranty Period: 12 Months
River Class: II
Compatible with Rudder Kit: Yes
Set-up Time: 5 minutes