Physical Benefits Of Kayaking For Women
Kayaking isn’t just heaps of fun … check out these little-known physical benefits of kayaking for women.
When you think of kayaking, you might be thinking of having fun, getting some fresh air, and enjoying nature. But that’s not all there is to it! The physical benefits of kayaking for women are plentiful and often over-looked.
Here are some awesome physical benefits of kayaking for women:
- Toned arms and shoulders – Get Michelle Obama arms! Kayaking will tone your arms and shoulders, without beefing them up.
- Core strength – all the balancing and rotating you do when you are kayaking improves your core strength. Good core strength isn’t just about looking slim, it is also important for your back and for preventing injury.
- Sexy décolletage – If you want to show off a gorgeous necklace with a low cut top, kayaking will develop your pecs so you have a sexy décolletage.
- Vitamin D – According to Deakin University, a whopping 39% of Australian women suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Want to keep your vitamin D levels up with exposure to sunshine? Kayaking will get you out of the house and enjoying the sun (but make sure you are sun safe).
- Cardiovascular fitness – kayaking is a delightful way for women to get some low to medium intensity cardiovascular exercise, which is great for your health in so many ways. It’s so enjoyable that you can often end up exercising for hours without even realising it … compare that to going to the gym!