StraitEdge Inflatable Kayak
Not sure if you want a kayak for fishing, mild white water, flat water, sea kayaking?
The StraitEdge inflatable kayak allows you to do it all!
Great for all kinds of activities and paddling conditions, the StraitEdge is often used for fishing, as a tender for boats and for paddling with dogs.
See below for all the benefits and uses of the StraitEdge Inflatable Kayak.
Here is what makes the StraitEdge such a versatile kayak:
Suitable for Mild Whitewater AND Lakes AND Open Water
- The aluminium frames in the bow and stern allow you to paddle straight on flat water and cut through chop on coastal water – no waggling when you paddle
- You can close the ports down the sides if you are in flat water or cold water and want to stay dry
- You can open the ports down the sides to allow the kayak to self bail if you are in mild whitewater (up to class III) or out in the open ocean
- Optional thigh straps to help keep you in the kayak in whitewater conditions (up to class III)
Enjoy Kayak Fishing?
- The high back seat supports your back and the inflatable floor cushions your bum so you can relax in comfort
- Comes with 2 rod holders that can be placed in the bow or stern
- The wide flat hull means the kayak is very stable so you can focus on fishing and relaxing
- The sit-on-top style means you can swing your legs over the side to help reel in a big catch from any angle
- The PVC tarpaulin covers on all the main chambers give you the confidence to handle knives, hooks and fish
- There is plenty of space on board for gear, such as a tackle box, an esky, lunch etc
- You can open the ports down the sides to allow the kayak to self bail if you get swamped whilst fishing
- Optional kayak anchor if the fish are biting and you want to stay where you are
- Optional accessory frame if you want to attach additional rod holders, an EPERB, a fish finder, go-pro etc
Want to Bring Your Dog?
- The sit-on-top style gives you plenty of open space for your dogs, so they are not cramped into a cockpit
- The PVC tarpaulin covers on all the main chambers give you the confidence that your dog’s claws will not cause a puncture
- The wide flat hull means the kayak is very stable so you won’t all go over board if your dog gets excited and makes a sudden move (not that they ever do that …)
Quality Design & Manufacturing
- Multi-layer material design for protection of the tubes and floor – there is very little risk of puncture
- Durable triple layer PVC tarpaulin tube covers so you don’t have to worry about damage on rocks
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Lightweight for a sit-on-top kayak at only 15kg
- Comes pre-assembled – no need to set up, just inflate and go
- The Spring valves allow large amounts of air to flow one way – quick and easy inflation and deflation
- Packs up into a bag about the size of a suitcase for easy storage and transport – planes, trains and automobiles, the world is your oyster!
So if you are looking for a comfortable, compact kayak that can go fishing, handle your dog, track straight for a leisurely paddle, and is suitable out on the ocean or down a river (up to class III), the StraitEdge inflatable kayak is an excellent choice for you.
- New advanced inflation valves
- Rod holders
- StraitEdge System – unique bow and stern design
- Hard edge bow and stern for improved tracking
- Moulded rubber handles
- Reinforced bow seam
- Bungee deck lacing
- Adjustable back support
- Mesh pocket
- Self-bailing ports
- Welded seams
- Thigh strap compatible D-rings
- Carrying Duffel Bag
- Folding Seat
- Repair Kit
- Owner’s Manual
- Length: 9’8” (2.95m)
- Width: 35” (89cm)
- Weight: 34 lbs (15 kg)
- Maximum capacity: 300 lbs (136 kg)
- Colours: Yellow/Gray
- Deflated and packed dimensions: 39″ x 18″ x 9.5″ (99cm x 46cm x 24cm)